Monday, November 25, 2013

Example of similar sites

In researching my site, I looked at a couple other sites that had similar topics and related to hunting fishing and eating. First, I took a look at http://www.outdoorlife.com/. Here, it gave me a foundation of what I wanted to do with my site. I liked how it had new articles on the front page as like a feed and it was very organized. Next, I looked at http://www.fieldandstream.com/channel. Here I really liked the use of how it put up photos and videos on their website in words underneath the topics of hunting and fishing. On my blog with my template, this was very difficult to do. I got many of my articles from these two sites just as examples to show what the site would look like with good articles in them. For the eating section of my website, I decided to go to simples sites like food.com and recipe.com to add recipes of things one can hunt or catching fishing. So I also wanted to add recipes to the feature articles and new articles in the front. I could have organized this part a little better and give a timeline or something, but having complications, I left as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment